5 tips for denture repairs
1. Don’t panic! In most cases we can repair the denture, we carry out repairs at our Barnsley, Chesterfield and Doncaster branches – give us a call on 0800 096 5222.
2. Do not attempt the repair yourself using glue – everyday adhesives like superglue are first and foremost toxic and they are water soluble and the bond will break.
3. Do not use a Denture Repair kit. Repair of a cracked or completely broken denture is a special repair that can only be done by a dental technician – WHY? – Because the denture is only repairable if it goes back together exactly how it was before. If you attempt to repair and you get it wrong – which you most likely will – the glue or repair material will fill in the crack or break line and we will be unable to get it back in perfect alignment. This will result in your bite being off, lack of suction, causing you pain and discomfort and ultimately you will need a new denture.
4. Although the Dental Technician will need to assess your denture, they will not usually need to see you, this means you can drop off the denture for later collection, or if you have mobility issues or hate the thought of leaving the house without wearing your denture, someone else can drop it off for you. If you prefer, you can also make an appointment where you will be able to sit in the waiting room until the repair is carried out.
5. Don’t worry we are always happy to help, we often see patients who have already attempted the repair and can often still help, all is not lost. We won’t judge! – when something goes wrong it is always at the worst possible time – you’re going on holiday, have a wedding, special event, or have to go to work, we know how it is.
Remember professional repair with denture acrylic is always the best long term repair.
Give us a call to find the best solution. 0800 096 5222